My client is the clear industry leader in their field operating within one of the most dynamic, competitive and high growth sectors of the Australian economy. They possess one of the most recognisable national brands, a testament to their innovative and successful approach in marketing its products to a broad and expanding customer base. With a clear growth mandate and strategic vision they are widely admired for their substantial investment in innovation and continued enhancement of their customer and service offering. This organisation is known for it's continual development of its employees and provides and excellent working culture with plenty of flexibility. Further, they are also well renowned for their internal promotion opportunities afforded to high achievers.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidate will enjoy a broad and varied role, having responsibility for the timely and accurate reporting of financial statements. Specifically, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing department and business unit P&L's with corresponding analysis
- Partnering with business unit Finance Partners to discuss their P&L results and ensuring results are accurate
- Accounting for capital projects and working closely with business leaders and Project Managers
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register
- Ownership of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Year-end reporting
- Assisting with audit requirements and being the primary point of contact for external Auditors
- Maintaining general ledger and reporting integrity
- Assistance with new process and system implementations
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate will be CA/CPA qualified, ideally hailing from a Big 4 or chartered environment where they were a proven high performer. Excellent candidates coming from industry who can demonstrate high technical and reporting skills will also be considered. You will possess a strong desire to learn, coupled with an ambition to succeed. Given the level of reporting, it goes without saying that you will possess strong technical accounting and excel skills. The fact that you will be partnering with senior level stakeholders and the commercial team also means you will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
For a confidential discussion please call Ash Parsons on 8629 1021 or 'APPLY NOW' by clicking the button below.