|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||AU$110000 - AU$120000 per annum + Super + Bonus|
Our client, a leading bank with a global footprint, is currently looking for a Financial and Regulatory Accountant to join their group regulatory reporting team initially on a contract basis. The opportunity will focus on the review of IFRS compliant accounts and the production of regulatory reports for the Australian Regulators.
The successful candidate will be able to build great relationships across the finance, risk and front office worlds and will have the opportunity to be an active participant in a number of exciting business and regulatory projects.
- Review of the month end reporting cycle; including analysis of the balance sheet, profit and loss, Basel III capital and liquidity & funding under both IFRS;
- Review of technical accounting issues, ensuring compliance with Financial Accounting Policies. Includes equity accounting, tax effect accounting and complex financial instrument disclosures;
- Reviewer role of balance sheet accounts, ensuring integrity of disclosures and certifiers have performed sufficient review to enable their sign off;
- Preparation of annual statutory reporting for various subsidiaries; includes involvement in the annual external audit process and meetings with Control functions and Directors for sign off;
- Review of manual adjustments posted by the integrated middle office team including identifying remediation strategies and adhering to offshoring initiatives;
- Participation in deep dives to challenge business reporting, involvement in the remediation of issues, representing Finance in the launch of new Business initiatives and other adhoc projects and responsibilities.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly APRA Bank reporting forms including involvement in the annual external audit process and improving controls to increase the integrity of data submitted;
- Preparation of daily liquidity reporting, including monitoring of trigger limits and liaising with Traders and the Group Treasurer on actions to maintain liquidity;
- Preparation of the APS 210 Liquidity coverage Ratio quarterly reporting for APRA; includes remediating reporting gaps and working with system developers around implementation of an automated reporting tool;
- Preparation of monthly AFSL responsible entity requirements including liaising with Legal to facilitate Board reporting. Involves calculation of net tangible assets and surplus liquid funds plus long term cash flow projections;
- Review of quarterly and in some cases preparation of ABS reporting requirements
Required skills and experience
- Qualified CA or CPA (or equivalent overseas qualification) with experience gained within the Banking or Asset Management industries
- Understanding of APRA and IFRS reporting, a general understanding of Tax is beneficial but by no means essential
- Understanding of Basel III liquidity reporting,
- Strong financial product and market knowledge
- Strong experience with system and process improvement
- Good clear and honest communicator with people of all levels
- Organised and disciplined in the documentation of work performed and procedures.
- Happy and easy-going, with the ability to stay cool under pressure