Finance Business Partner
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Accounting & Finance|
About the Company
Large corporate based in the CBD with more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world.
About the Role
Act as a trusted, visible and accessible point of contact to business leaders; providing commercial and financial decision support challenge and insight into business profitability to drive future performance
Understand the customer landscape and their drivers to provide contract / service pricing, cash and margin optimisation recommendations, ensuring an acceptable balance of risk and return.
Accountable for the accuracy of financial records, compliance, business financial plans and forecasts that are produced by the Centre of Excellence.
Understand the value drivers of the business and provide guidance on contract / service performance including ROI, scenario planning, KPI analysis and benchmarking.
Support the portfolio strategy through market, competitor and portfolio analysis; and inform market entry and exit decisions. Provide challenge and decision support for organic growth and new business, drawing upon the central commercial team, as appropriate.
Develop customer relationships to support successful commercial and financial negotiations regarding variable revenue, rebids and change notices.
Support business leaders to deliver contractual obligations through identification of over and under delivery, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations.
Drive contract / service cost optimisation projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations.
Proactive identification, assessment and management of financial and commercial risks.
Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders through the sharing of knowledge and collaboration.
Champion working as part of a virtual team with the business, Centre of Excellence and Group Finance to embed and sustain the Finance Operating Model.
- Must hold an appropriate professional qualification for the role (e.g. CA, CPA or equivalent) or be qualified by experience.
- Be a current member of a relevant professional body (where applicable).
- Awareness of Serco's strategy, commercially minded and customer focused.
- Track record of collaborating with business leaders in a complex business environment.
- Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated bidding and contracting environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business within their scope of responsibility.
- Evidence of ability to influence, negotiate, listen to and resolve conflicts with key decision makers.
- Ability to highlight problems, offer innovative and practical solutions, and drive through their execution.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers.
- Translate business requirements into open, honest and transparent insight to solve business challenges.
- Ability to interpret and deal with incomplete data; and the capability to exercise judgement where there is ambiguity
- Evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Bo Campbell in 02 9249 5035.