Finance Business Analyst
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$120000.00 - AU$125000.00 per annum|
Our client is a top tier law firm, seeking a highly driven Finance BA to join their dynamic team supported by sophisticated technology using Dashboards, providing assistance to Senior Management in the areas of financial analysis, planning, budgeting and forecasting.
The role works closely with the broader Finance team (Business Intelligence, Legal Project Management, Statutory Accounting and Matter Accounting), Management and other Shared Services functions to provide financial support on large Firm projects and pricing support.
You will be expected to provide business insights to lift business performance and continuously improve processes, reporting and procedures as the business evolves.
Please note this is an urgent role applications will close over the next two days! Anyone on a notice period longer than two weeks will not be able to be considered for this opportunity.
- Preparation of timely and accurate regular management reports, partner distribution and partner reporting package including providing insights and commentary.
- Continuous improvement of the month end reporting process to deliver relevant, accurate and timely financial information in an efficient manner.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and forecast process; liaising with key stakeholders and overseeing implementation and reporting to partners.
- Evaluate the profitability and performance of practice teams against budgets and identify issues and recommendations to achieve targeted results.
- Preparation of reports and presentations to Senior Management and the Board; expense reporting to Function heads and preparing ad hoc analysis as required
- Work directly with Managing Partners, Practice Team leaders and Shared Service Directors on preparation of business plans.
- Developing financial models and providing analysis for various projects within the business; assessing partner admissions; and providing financial information for partner performance reviews.
- Provide pricing support to Client Relationship Partners and Business Development Managers when responding to requests for pricing (RFP's) so as to protect and improve profitability.
- Supporting the Firm's Legal Project Management initiative, working with the Business Intellignece team to ensure supporting tools remain accurate and relevant.
You must have:
- Degree in Business or Commerce.
- Chartered Accounting or CPA qualification.
- 7-10 years commercial experience post graduation in accounting, reporting and budgeting roles.
- Preferably management accounting / planning experience in a Blue Chip company, or similar disciplined environment.
- Excellent writted and verbal communication skills.
- Commercial experience in an analytical role
- Strong financial reporting, analysis and modelling skills
- An understanding of database and financial modelling software.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present both written and orally to Senior Management.
- Ability to critically evaluate proposals and offer commercial judgements
Please hit apply to be considered for this role. Please give Amy Shah a call on 92486214 for more information.