Enterprise Data Architect
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for building the data foundation that is leveraged across the business. The Enterprise Data Architect is a key contributor to the implementation of our strategic Data platform, Data Lake and Analytic applications.
In this role you will be strategically designing, developing, and implementing an Azure platform while you work closely with the senior business team as an important data thought leader.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Improve the consistency, timeliness, quality, security and delivery of data.
- Streamline data flows and remove unnecessary costs from the complex, fragmented, heterogeneous data architecture.
- Work with business and technology teams to develop a multi-year information management and analytics strategy and roadmap; focusing on creating business value and applying technology to enable business solutions.
- Work with business and delivery teams to define and govern solutions that align to vision laid out in the roadmap as well as our technology standards.
- Apply advanced understanding of end-to-end data processes and flows to develop, recommend, and implement data management solutions.
- Evaluate new technologies and products, and research to identify opportunities that impact business strategy, business requirements and performance that can accelerate access to data and automate key data flows. e.g Advanced Machine Learning Technologies.
- Plan and lead complex operational and project activities to strengthen data integrity, quality, and availability across the enterprise.
- Strategically design enterprise data platform for lean, faster delivery of data, enhanced data management & engineering, advanced analytical capabilities (for power users and data scientists), maintaining master data, and metadata repositories & data lineage.
To be successful in this role you will have the following qualifications:
- 10 years of experience in development with a focus on architecture
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to "think big" and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups and a demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise architecture practice & principles.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices.
- Proven experience in building and architecting highly scalable & extensible next-generation distributed data platforms and tools including data ingestion (batch & real time), transformation and delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of analytics concepts, practices, methods, principles, and a comprehensive understanding of evolving industry trends and standards, including analytics applications and their supporting architectural requirements in a Big Data context.
For a confidential conversation please contact Tessa Gould at 03 8629 1020.