Engineering Lead / Development Manager
Engineering Lead / Dev Manager
My client, based in Melbourne CBD, and one of Australia's most iconic household organisations is currently looking for a Engineering Lead / Dev Manager with a background in Java to work on some of the most bleeding edge of applications.
This organisation is all about 'why' and looking to shape the world where people and communities thrive. They are just as focused on seeing their people thrive as well as thier customers.
You, the ideal candidate, will be responsible for building and automating some of the sleekest software solutions in Melbourne.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Deep expertise in Software Engineering combined with broad capability and a proven ability to innovate and adapt to the latest developments
- Significant experience in a software development role
- Someone who is curious to learn new technologies and innovative accordingly.
- Have a thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies and techniques bringing benefits into the Technology Area
- Can adopt and enhance a vision and plan for application level solution design and architecture for the platform.
- Work closely with Technology Area architects in implementing application solutions and contributing to architectural designs and decisions
- Great interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, mentor, coach and develop others
- Strong Object Oriented Programming, Architecture and Design skills
- Core Java 8+
- Knowledge of Java testing techniques, including mocking and JUnit, Cucumber, code coverage
- React JS / Redux (nice to have)
- Restful API
- Other technologies which would be nice to have (but not necessary) exposure to include: Spring Cloud - Config/Service discovery, Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA, SQL, NoSQL, Kafka Messaging, Docker Containerization, Open-shift, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP Cloud.
If this role is something that would be of interest please hit 'Apply' with an updated resume or contact Charlie Beattie on 03 8629 1029.