End User Support Engineer
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Salary:||AU$80000.00 per annum|
The Support Engineer is responsible and will provide support and maintenance for clients such as Travel agencies and other external clients.
You will also be responsible for diagnosing and solving problems relating to the clients application software, reporting network malfunctions and be able to identify and address their technical concerns.
As the Support Engineer you will be the point of contact for clients, vendors, providing level 2 support also assisting with on boarding of new starters with account creations and to provide professional end user support.
- Implementation, maintenance, and support of key distributed applications including operating
- System, security, performance, client software, supporting systems, security and applications Implementation, maintenance and support of critical infrastructure and software including operating
- systems, system utilities, imaging, authentication, authorization, intrusion detection, communication
- Protocols, VPN, databases, web servers, collaboration tools, proxies, and virtual systems.
- Development, implementation, and support of software to perform system utilities, automation.
- Perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to determine ways to improve a system's reliability, scalability, availability and performance, monitoring and reporting
- Work with the broader organization to design and implement solutions.
Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- 5+ years of experience developing, deploying or supporting systems software and hardware technologies
- Thorough understanding of Data Centre Hardware And Software technologies including network,
- Storage, Security, Servers, Mainframes, and Load Balancers
- Able to successfully handle multiple assignments
- Able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
Knowledge of 3 of these technologies and knowledge of 8 of these technologies for Open Systems, Z-series, or Corporate systems as appropriate,
which may include:
- Operating Systems: MacOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, HPUX, AIX, Tandem, Solaris, TPF, Z/OS,
- Hardware Technologies: X-Series, P-series, Z-series, P-series, Sun, HP, Cisco UCS
- Software Technologies: LDAP, Active Directory, Altiris, Satellite Server, MQ, DB2, MS SQL, Apache, IIS,.Net, HTML, ASP, XML, Visual Studio, Oracle, VBS, Websphere, Corba, Ingrian Safenet, Red Hat, Directory Server, Cisco CNR, VPARS, VTAPE, Exchange, BlackBerry, Active Sync, SQL, SharePoint, VM/CMS, TSO, ISPF, HCD.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Assembler Storage Technologies: SAN, NAS, fiber channel, mainframe DASD, VT
- Network Technologies: TCPIP, F5, Cisco Networks, Load balancers, firewalls, NFS, CIFS, IP, including; Traffic capture and basic analysis, Comms Server, VM/VTAM.
The Must Haves
- Previous travel industry experience
- Technical support experience highly regarded
If you are looking for a new challenge or the next step in your career progression, please submit your updated CV in a Word Format via the APPLY button. For all enquires call Daniel Hoang 03 86291015.