|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||Up to AU$120000.00 per annum|
My client is recognised globally as one of the most innovative and forward thinking digital technology businesses and due to internal growth they are looking for an energetic and charismatic DevOps Engineer to further develop this success.
The role requires a hands-on "automation engineer" to work across multi-functional
teams that focus on specific flavours of our products.
The role is a hands-on and unique role that requires candidates ideally having a background in IT or Operations but also have a general interest in writing scripts or code to automate repeated manual process (e.g. writing a PowerShell or Bash script to run on multiple servers saving a great deal of time, instead of manually logging in to each server and manually performing a change.
The below technical skills should be treated as a general guideline, but personality, being the "right fit" and having the enthusiasm to move into a broadly open-minded DevOps role are key attributes.
- Enthusiastic about automating manual processes using scripts (Powershell, Bash) and/or other tooling
- 5+ years of experience deploying and managing/maintaining websites in cloud environments
- Experience in Docker, and Docker orchestration systems (Kubernetes,K8S, DC/OS, etc)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in and with teams using an Agile methodology
- Experience troubleshooting website and system failures in Windows systems
- Experience and knowledge spanning across the entire application stack (from UI to DB to OS)
- Ability to adjust your communication style complex systems based on who you're communicating with - e.g. high-level to non-technical business stakeholders, and low-level details to
- developers/support staff
- Insights into cloud and non-cloud based database systems and storage methods
- Experience and reasonable understanding of firewalls, load-balancers, general networking concepts, components and processes
- Interest and experience working with microservices architecture
- Octopus - CI/CD, building sync tools
If you think that you have the relevant experience and skills required to dominate this role, please apply below for a confidential discussion give Daniel Naidoo a call on (03) 8629 1015.