Devops and Release Engineer
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
The DevOps/Release Engineer role will sit on the Big Data team in one of Melbourne's most innovative companies, the team is accountable for operations, support and maintenance of the Big Data Platforms.
This is a newly created senior position in which you will drive the design, implementation testing deployment and post-release production support in a DevOps environment. In this role, you will be responsible for executing engineering and release priorities.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Create, implement and integrate OpenStack based private cloud in data centres across the country, enable the cloud solution to inter-operate smoothly with existing IT infrastructure and processes, ensure reliability, elasticity and security
- Architecting, maintaining, and streamlining automated build and release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing, to deploying releases to multiple environments
- Facilitating and championing the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and deployment efforts
- Design overall cloud tools architecture, standards and integration, understand vendor road map and industry trends, evaluate tools releases, upgrades, fixes and patches
- Maintain current state knowledge about Big Data platforms and methodologies through ongoing personal learning, vendor relationships, and an agile 'test and learn' approach to building new capabilities
The ideal candidate will come with at least 5 years platform experience, expertise with (Linux, Windows) and virtualization (KVM, VSphere, Hyper-V), required experience with Linux operation system itself as well as with production level software and hardware. You must have prior hands-on experience in designing, building, implementing and supporting Openstack based cloud infrastructure solutions. Additionally, you will have:
- A clear understanding of modern network protocols and processes running on each of network layers; Deep understanding of OpenVswitch, knowledge and experience of SDN is plus
- Experienced in building automated solutions through tools and software that enable infrastructure to be remotely provisioned, configured and decommissioned
- Strong analytical skills, able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems. Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
Please "apply now" to express your interest for this role.