|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$140000.00 - AU$160000.00 per annum|
About the client:
My client is a fast-growing online and mobile platform for services.
About your role and experience:
- Supporting best practice for highly available and robust services and systems (this includes all phases of the SDLC from design to maintenance).
- Setting and managing SLOs in collaboration with feature teams for the services they own.
- Consulting on observability and monitoring of production systems including management of overall platform availability.
- Ensuring our software deployment and provisioning infrastructural resources (databases, compute units, routes) are defined and executed in a consistent way.
- Providing the appropriate governance around resources and environment access to allow engineers to own their own pipelines and software systems.
- Working closely with the Engineering Effectiveness tribe to build out the appropriate tooling and automation to deliver on the above.
- Building out robust processes for emergency response and incident management.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, or Ruby.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks.