Desktop Deployment Technician
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
A CBD based global company, is looking for an IT Deployment Technician on a contractual basis, to manage the build and setup of new computers; including management of desktops, laptops, tablets and phones.
- Build and setup of new desktops and laptop computers.
- Configure and setup new computers with User requirements
- Complete file transfers as required
- Dispose of old IT asset in line with disposal process
- Contact clients to arrange delivery and picks
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support issues and adhere to all service management principles.
- Liaise with team members and the Desktop Team Manager to identify appropriate levels of escalation where necessary.
- Communicate courteously and effectively with non-IT and IT specialists alike to ensure customer and service level standards are met successfully.
- Deploy new equipment to users as required.
- Work closely with Desktop Support staff to provide technical assistance
- Escalate issues to the Desktop Services Manager, or other Technical staff as appropriate in a timely fashion
- Report potential issues to Desktop Services Manager and/or relevant IT Manager
- Relevant IT qualifications in Information Technology
- Experience in managing ingoing and outgoing stock
- Understanding of and experience in Support Processes and methodologies
- Proven experience in deployment of small to medium environment across multiple sites
- Proven experience in building computers in a SCCM environment
- Familiar with common IT hardware and operating system platforms (e.g. HP, printers, laptops)