Demand/Inventory Planner - Inner West - Rapidly growing startup
|Location:||Drummoyne, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Commercial|
About The Company
Rapidly growing, award-winning, global e-commerce retailer and one of Australia's fastest-growing fashion technology brands.
The environement is entrepreneurial, agile and with the expected growth figures they offer a fast track to promotion opportunties.
They require a Demand Planner to partner with key leaders to drive delivery of an accurate supply forecast based on sales trends, marketing activities and other promotional activities.
The role will ensure timely delivery of stock, manage our external third party logistics partners, and managing freight. This is a critical role and forms part of the Leadership Team.
About The Role
- Drive continuous improvement activities to support sales growth targets, improved customer experience, DIFOT results and all relevant operational targets
- Manage the company projections and forecasting of inventory
- Manage and place all stock orders monthly, at 12 weeks out from ex-factory as per the new product development timeline
- Manage and decide breakdown of sea vs air freight
- Manage the forecasted stock projections for each facility (AU, UK, Amazon USA) basedon projected units to be sold in each market, and organise stock to be sent
- Develop and ensure appropriate contracts-KPIs in place with 3PLs and Freight Forwarding companies, manage regular reporting and establish 30 day credit payment terms
- Act as first point of contact, and oversee inbound and outbound freight-distribution strategy and partners to ensure all movement of stock from factory into the warehouses, lowest costs to the business, and best experience for the customer experience team-customer
- Work closely with marketing to keep updated on stock movements and to set up new products
- Ensure all out of stocks or new products are set up on websites
- Assist Commercial Director in overseeing company operations and IT systems to ensure they run efficiently and effectively and work closely with IT company to troubleshoot order or product issues on websites
- Manage customer service team to drive excellence, high achieving performance and great NPS
- Manage relationships with inventory management provider to drive continuous improvement and reporting (Cin7)
- Maintain, update and document COGS data by SKU (all cost inclusive)
- Manage monthly Sales & Operations Meeting (S&OP) with Marketing, Finance and CEO to ensure marketing activities are aligned to supply forecasts, highlight risks and opportunities and any potential stock write offs.
- Operations reporting
- Experience working in fast-paced environment and/or start-up
- Experience working in retail/FMCG/manufacturing environment
- Strong team player
- Experience in an inventory management system (Cin7 preferred)
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills to deliver complex quantitative information in an easily understood manner
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor degree or higher qualification in Business, Finance, Economics or Science
For a confidential discussion, please call Bo Campbell on 02 9249 5035