DBA / Data Specialist
|Location:||Northern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||Up to AU$100000.00 per annum|
The Data Specialist will write scripts to assist the business in meeting their data migration requirements, and support the transitions team by managing SQL Server databases.
A day in the life:
Some days will be spent data mapping and managing databases in a test environment (backups and restores). Other days could be writing T-SQL scripts for urgent production fixes. Tools you might use on a daily basis include: MS SQL Server 2008-2017, Excel, T-SQL, C#, SSIS, sqlcmd and windows batch scripting.
As part of this role, you will be constantly looking for and recommend process and service improvements.
Skills you'll bring:
- Extensive T-SQL and Excel skills; preferred some experience in: SSMS, C#, SSIS and scripting
- Experienced Technical Analyst/BA with background in data migration experience
- Beneficial to have Finance or Accounting background with any knowledge of Managed Funds and/or Unit Registry business
- Extensive MS SQL Server experience in using OLTP databases and understanding relational schema
- Using different SQL features (stored procedures, functions, views), performance tuning and troubleshooting
- 3+ years' experience with data reconciliations
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply now.