|Location:||St Leonards, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
About your role:
You will be instrumental to ensure uptime, scalability, information availability, data protection and cost-effective SQL Server Database systems management, supporting one of the leading e-Commerce destinations in Australasia.
- Best practices, design, development, and administration of database environments leading up to Production.
- Establish and tune monitoring and alerting for proactive database management.
- Collaborate with development team to implement best practice and safe database deployment strategies of sprint deliverables.
- Analyze existing and evolving database code for ongoing performance optimizations.
- Manage full database lifecycle and environments from development to production.
- Develop and implement database operational automation strategies.
- Architect, develop and enhance replication, disaster recovery and reporting strategies.
- 4+ years' experience as a DBA supporting Microsoft SQL Server within a corporate environment, especially in high traffic transactional SQL server production environments.
- A deep and holistic understanding of database structures, concepts, principles, and practices.
- Excellent performance monitoring and tuning experience.
- Experience in high availability and replication technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Hands on passion for performance and efficient database coding best practices.
- Safe debugging skills in production and non-production environments as required.
- An eye for detail to pick up potential database issues.
- The ability to think on your feet; show initiative in your work and own responsibility for an issue.
- An enthusiasm for learning and acquiring new technical skills.
- The ability to mentor peers.
- System Admin and Powershell scripting skills is an added advantage.
- Go to person for any database related issues.
This role will be filled very quickly- if this sounds like something you may be interested in please don't hesitate to APPLY NOW!