|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$150000 - AU$160000 per annum + + super|
In this role you will apply your broad skillset across data and analytics to understand business problems, create insights and envisage practical solutions within the organisation.
You will be part of the Risk Management Group who are an independent, centralised unit responsible for assessing and monitoring risks across the company.
- Identifying relevant data sources, cleaning and preparing data.
- Performing modelling and analysis using charting, descriptive statistics and machine learning including supervised and unsupervised methods.
- Understanding the business's needs and required to create new models as well as work with the team to enhance and improve on existing models.
- Communicating complex concepts simply and translate outputs into actionable insights for associated business stakeholders through both verbal and written communication (e.g. reporting etc).
- Working closely with our Technology partners to implement best in class practices for Risk Management Group.
- Provide thought leadership on key developments in the data science industry and help to evangelise the capabilities in this area through regular stakeholder engagement and training.
A bit about you:
- Prior experience in a hands-on data science role where you can demonstrate the ability to cleanse, combine and process data, as well as develop and implement supervised and unsupervised analytical models.
- A curious and business outcome focused approach partnered with a problem-solving attitude.
- Practical experience with machine learning and statistics, as well as prior expertise proficiency working with large data sets (Big Data) and appropriate software (Cloudera, Spark, Jupyter Notebooks etc.).
- The ability to be a strong collaborator and be comfortable working with business stakeholders to identify and shape problems to be solved with data.
- Proficient in using Python and/or R languages and in addition to this experience with NLP packages (Natural Language processing) would be a plus but not essential