Data Protection Specialist
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$120000.00 - AU$130000.00 per annum + + super|
Purpose of the role:
To support the Group in maintaining effective governance over its data assets, including ensuring the company complies with applicable legislation, regulatory requirements, internal policies and the ethical standards we apply to our use of data.
- Drive key operational processes & platforms owned by the Data Governance team - including data access compliance processes, data classification and data masking.
- Act as SME for Data Governance processes, standards and architectures and act as an escalation point for Data Governance where required.
- Publish & maintain guidance in a form that can be consumed easily by end users - both technical and business.
- Design risk assessment matrices and process maps to support future automation goals and projects.
- Support evaluation and and implementation activities for new Data Governance tools, standards and processes
Experience & Skills:
- Experience with information security controls and solutions with the ability to drive technical data protection conversations
Must be: technical with security skills/background, keen understanding of structured databases (e.g. relational DB's) and experience with securing data warehouses with complex access rules.
Able to do operational daily tasks, document and maintain processes is important
Bonus if more strategic (can handle systems architecture engagement and planning
Bonus if also able to program (can handle light python-based tasks)