Data Governance Specialist
Your role will be focused on:
- Maintaining effective governance over data assets, including the development of strategies, policies and standards, as well as new frameworks and operating models.
- Ensuring the company complies with applicable legislation, regulatory requirements, internal policies and the ethical standards that they apply to their use of data.
- Conducting data governance assessments - conduct appropriate use, data privacy and commercial agreement assessments over requests from business, risk, compliance and other operational teams.
- Providing pragmatic guidance on the development and implementation of principles, policies, prosses, standards and guidelines for Data governance.
- Escalating risks, compliance incidents and breaches to management in a timely manner
- Acting as a SME for Data Governance processes - engaging and educating key stakeholders
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining effective governance over data assets and conducting data governance assessments
- Good knowledge of IP and data privacy regulations and information security policies
- Good knowledge of and experience in compliance
- Good knowledge of and experience in process management
- Detailed and process oriented by nature, with ability to provide pragmatic advice in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
***People coming from a legal/paralegal background with some data governance experience who is experienced in reading and breaking down complex contracts and projects, checking clauses and compliances would be highly suited to this role***