Data DevOps Engineer
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Salary:||AU$700 - AU$751 per day|
My client are one of Australia's leading organisation in the Utilities industry. They are seeking an experienced Data DevOps Engineer on a full-time - 12 month contract basis to join our Data Platform Engineer Team.
The Data Platform Engineering team exists to build and run cloud based platforms to deliver the information, analytics and decisioning capability needed to become a customer focused, data driven organisation. We are building a diverse, collaborative and inclusive team, with a focus on putting the customer first, driving enhanced customer experience, tackling big data challenges and having the right work/life balance. This includes assisting our team members with flexible working arrangements where needed.
WITHIN THIS TEAM, DEVOPS ENGINEERS:
- Help build and run cloud-based data processing platforms, support batch, real time workload and streaming data flows in a large utility environment utilising automation.
- Support the operational run of our data pipelines and services on the Azure Cloud.
- Collaborate with Azure Cloud Engineers also infrastructure to build out delivery tool chains for data & decisioning platform deployment.
- Builds infrastructure-as-code (Iaas and PaaS) solutions to deliver cloud-hosted data process and analytics environments.
- Supports data engineering with build and test automation through continuous integration/delivery.
- Triage and perform root cause analysis on production incidents as L2 support, resolving the incident or engaging L3 support from engineering, project or vendor teams.
Passionate about driving business value and customer experience by leveraging industry leading automation and deployment solutions
- Open minded, curious, a problem solver and loves working in a diverse agile scrum/team environment.
- Passionate about delivering agile, automated infrastructure solutions which are fit for purpose, and directly aligned to customer needs and customer experience.
- Experienced in configuring and administering some of:
- Cloud services - AWS, GCP or Azure (preferred)
- CI / CD pipelines - Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, VSTS (preferred)
- Source Code Management (Git/GitHub)
- Virtual Machines - Linux, Windows
- Monitoring & Logging, log aggregation, debugging tools, performance tools
- Advantagous - Serverless Data Ingestion, Processing and Storage Architectures (using technologies such as Azure Functions, Event Hubs, Data Lake Store)
- Advantagous - Containers - Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Advantagous - Development and/or Administration experience of SMP or MPP RDBMS (in particular Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL DB and Azure SQL Data Warehouse), Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, NoSQL (e.g. Azure Cosmos DB, Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase etc)
- Needing to contribute to best practice approaches and delivery in a rapidly evolving, dynamic environment.
- Working within agile teams that are maturing and assisting the scrum masters and product owners to continue to optimise and improve delivery
Due to a high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a further discussion, please submit your updated CV in a Word Format via the apply button. For all enquires contact Daniel Hoang on 03 86291015.