We are looking for a Data Architect to join a large government department based in Brisbane's CBD, where you'll work with a variety of technologies and solutions to deliver projects that make a real difference.
This is great opportunity for a self-driven Data Architect looking to expand and enhance their technical ability working across a BI project with the aim to improve the information provision to business unit management, executives, and regional offices by establishing a Business Intelligence (BI) reporting platform.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Set standards for data analysis tools and data management, advise on their application, and ensure compliance with data management standards
- Manage the investigation of corporate data requirements, and co-ordinate the application of data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of the corporate information requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions)
- Map the systems and interfaces used to manage data, set standards for data management, analyse current state and design desired future state and develop detailed plan on how to achieve the desired state
- Align with the logical data model with elements and business rules
- Support development of and alignment with physical/solutions architecture
- Take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change
- Apply and monitor the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in data modelling and database design across all phases of data modelling from conceptual, logical to physical data modelling and optimisation
- Extensive experience in established and emerging data technologies, both data modelling and reporting technologies, predictive analytics and data visualisation
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture from the perspective of the whole Department of Education
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Programming (SS2012, SS2014, SS2016
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Extract, Transform and Load
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services - Tabular and Multidimensional
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- Demonstrated experience in DAX
- Have strong skills in Business Intelligence dashboard development (preferably Microsoft Power BI)
- Have a strong knowledge of end-to end data warehousing architecture, from tools to middleware to data quality
If this sounds like the next career step for you and you have the relevant experience, click 'apply now' and submit an up-to-date copy of your CV or call (07) 3020 0343 for a further discussion.