Contract Java Applications Developer
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
A leading Bank!
Responsible for the analysis and construction of software solutions for various technology projects, this role will be tasked with ensuring the software developed is of a high quality, and that the documentation produced meets the standards required.
Working within a team, you will be assigned to different projects, and work in an Agile environment. Duties include:
- Anticipate bottlenecks, negotiate outcomes with technology teams, and partner with production management to ensure non-functional requirements of an application are understood and met.
- Develop software according to technical requirements.
- Provide support for the solution throughout the project.
- Post implementation support as required.
- Support current production applications as required.
- From time to time, participate in project sizing work prior to project approval to determine high-level project sizes.
- Work for a Bank with a global presence.
- Work with talented and experienced colleagues.
- 6 Month Contract with the possibility of extensions.
You will have at least 7 years' experience in a commercial Applications Developer role, excellent communication skills, and sound experience working in an Agile environment.
Essential skills and experience:
- Very strong Core Java experience.
- Strong SQL experience.
- Exposure to complex stored procedures with a focus on optimisation and performance tuning aspects.
- Able to independently design scalable solutions.
- Good understanding of GIT version control.
- Working experience in Linux.
- Experience in systems analysis and project sizing activities.
- Team player - keen to share ideas.
- Able to work outside normal office hours when required.
- Proven ability to explain technical issues and solutions to a non-technical audience.
Desirable (but not essential) skills and experience:
- Experience in web services (REST, SOAP etc.), and messaging frameworks (MQ, ActiveMQ etc.).
- Experience in Agile practices.
Start date is as soon as possible.