Consultant Network Engineer
|Location:||St Leonards, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$115000.00 - AU$130000.00 per annum|
Join a world leading multinational financial services organisation, being responsible for the design, architecture, implementation, security and support of large multi-site, multi-vendor MPLS network communication environments.
This role reports in to the Director, Network Operations - Customer Engineering, where your time will be split between upgrading existing corporate networks, as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Manage network projects.
- Develop detailed requirements for upgrading existing corporate networks, as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Resolve network communications and operations problems impacting customer or backbone access and performance globally and participate in telecommunications-related initiatives.
- Research and develop innovative solutions around unified network solutions.
- Support assigned regional projects, which include responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilisation and implementation.
- Support Vendor management.
- Recommend future directions.
- Coach other junior employees.
- Assume role of primary technical adviser to management on emerging technologies that could impact new developments.
- Support chronic complex problem resolution.
All about you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal business or management training including advanced Project Management, Strategic Planning, some finance experience and related curriculum.
- Ideal candidates should have one or more of the following certifications with CCNA, CCNP, CCSE, CCSA, SSCP, or CISSP certifications.
- Eight plus years of overall IT experience in the following areas: - Networking, including LAN/WAN, Firewalls, wireless, Security and encryption technologies.
- Experience with TCP/IP protocol communications.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco's product portfolio.
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management methodology and best practices.
- Knowledge of Network diagnostics, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, MPLS technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated listening skills.
- Limited supervision.
- Periodic work direction and review.
If you are looking for the next challenging but rewarding role and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply directly now!