Growing Medical Supplies company require a Company Accountant to oversee all financial accounting functions, including A/R and A/P ensuring accuracy and deadlines. You will also provide effective coaching, mentoring and leadership to team members, supporting autonomy and accountability.
- Manage and complete month-end process and prepare monthly management accounts, including Quarterly Profit and Loss Statements and Balance Sheet.
- Monitor month end checklist to ensure that all tasks are completed within expected timeframes
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for Westpac
- Analyse profit & loss statement on a monthly basis, including actuals to budgeted and overall margins
- Prepare monthly state-based Profit and Loss Statements
- Prepare and report weekly cash flow forecasting
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register within SAP
- Assist with maintenance of the SAP Chart of Accounts
- Prepare for Annual Audit and end of Financial Year processes
- Prepare for Annual Tax Return
- Prepare for Annual R&D Tax Return
- Prepare for Annual FBT Return
- Maintenance of HP Register and Reconciliation
- Provide information to facilitate financial decision-making as required
- Quarterly lodgement of Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) Survey
The key characteristics we are looking for in the candidate include:
- Someone with experience across a broad range of business areas. Preferably someone moving from a mid-tier accounting firm or someone from a smaller commercial/team environment
- Proactive in dealing with issues as they arise and resolving in a timely manner. Happy to get their hands dirty to fix issues that arise not only within their own area, but team members as well.
- Shows initiative when problem solving by exhausting all options to troubleshoot before escalating to manager.
- Able to provide guidance to team members, including identifying areas of process improvement and guiding staff to desired outcomes.
- Accountable - will take ownership of their tasks, the financials and team members. Will also hold team members accountable.
- Someone who can build effective relationships within the team and colleagues across the business as well as senior managers and executives.