We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to support the delivery of a large state-wide cloud-based portal project.
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-driven, and self-motivated Cloud specialist to harness their Cloud and IT Project skills.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Guarantee compliance and optimal performance of enterprise service levels by managing and performing the dissemination and implementation of policies, processes and standards for technical configuration of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Oversee and contribute to the development, publication, implementation and compliance to technical policies, standards and procedures at an enterprise level.
- Administer the design, planning and implementation of technical solutions, ensuring alignment with best practice IM/ICT design and delivery frameworks.
- Design and construct complex systems and enforce appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures, ensuring effective application.
- Sustain in-depth knowledge of cloud and its underpinning services and provide expert level advice regarding their application.
- Retain and manage effective working relationships and engage with third parties that provide technical support for the enterprise infrastructure.
- Deliver technical leadership and high-level technical skills in the analysis of ICT system issues and the formulation, design and provision of appropriate solutions and improvements.
- Provide effective change management, capacity planning, incident management, risk management and continuity planning utilising best practices in systems support and service delivery, preferably with the ITIL framework.
- Safeguard end to end service delivery for enterprise systems within Queensland Health
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity in designing systems and providing expert knowledge in relevant design standards, techniques and methods and tools for large scale complex organisations
- Skills in the design, publication, implementation, compliance and delivery of technical solutions to industry best practice frameworks for large scale, complex IM/ICT program/project(s), preferably in the health care industry
- Proven ability to develop and promote Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) processes based on the ITIL framework, primarily incident / problem / change / release / configuration management
- In-depth experience of expertise and experience in the following technology domains to analyse, provide technical direction, standardisation, professional advice and support of enterprise ICT services in a large customer focus organisation
- Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Cloud Automation (CloudFormation Templates, ARM Templates)
- Microsoft Active Directory & Azure Active Directory
- Identity & Federation Services
- Scripting Languages (PowerShell, Python, Shell, etc)
- Microsoft Windows Server and Linux Server (OS)
- DNS / DHCP / Group Policy
- Superior expertise and experience with communicating and applying cloud principles and practises in terms of scalability, resiliency, security, cost, automation, and management and monitoring.
- Well-established interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to negotiate, advise, influence others and work collaboratively with people to make decisions
- Demonstrated ability to meet service delivery targets and implement quantifiable service improvements by managing workloads, priorities and working unsupervised
- Anticipates and is responsive to customer and stakeholder needs and expectations; takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work; shows initiative and does what is required
- Capability in the leadership of a highly skilled technical team, building and sustaining positive relationships with peer teams, stakeholders and customers
Additional Benefits on Offer:
- Join an outgoing, mission focused, and professional team
- Opportunity for professional and career development
If this sounds like the next career step for you and you have the relevant experience, click 'apply now' and submit an up-to-date copy of your CV or call (07) 3020 0315 for a further discussion.