Business Finance & Planning Analyst
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Accounting & Finance|
|Salary:||AU$115000.00 - AU$120000.00 per annum|
My client is a global financial services conglomerate who places a key focus on insurance and investments.
The company is currently recruiting for a Business finance and planning analyst to join their team. This pivotal role will focus on the analysis and insights into the financial performance of the business. This will be achieved by understanding the strategic direction of the business and requires a strong business partner.
There will be four critical focus points which include: Management Analytics, budgeting and financial forecasts, financial close process and driving an analytic culture and mindset within the business and finance.
- Develop relationships with various finance functions such as financial control, legal, tax in order to support high level of compliance
- Liaise with the finance actuarial teams on valuation and capital management to ensure consistency with the actuarial information used for pricing, product development and hedging
- Help leadership understand the business from an integrated financial perspective (insights into potential improvements)
- Analyse and communicate the financial implications of process changes
- Lead all communication with the segment finance team with respect to budgets and forecasts
- Facilitate integration of Actuarial (corporate and pricing) into segment analytics
- Support corporate projects / initiatives where appropriate/ necessary
- CA/CPA qualified with a minimum of five years' experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strategic thinking and analysis with a strong commercial awareness and understanding of a business
- Macro and micro judgement
- Candidates must have as sound knowledge of best practices in business intelligence, market information analysis
- Preference will be given to candidates from a Financial services/insurance environment
Please note only candidates who a presently working in Australia will be considered for this role.
Senior consultant: Commercial Finance