Business Analyst/Scrum Lead
|Location:||Ultimo, New South Wales|
My client is a leading Government organisation that is shifting away from being a traditional grant-based government agency. This organisation is embracing the challenge of modernising the organisation to be a corporate, commercial and sustainable business, while maintaining its wider economic and social role in supporting the NSW Government's goals. The focus is now on becoming more customer focussed and commercially aware in order to build a solid foundation for future success.
- Identify project risks and/or impediments proactively and then work with the Project Manager to manage them.
- Conduct refinement sessions with business teams to elicit Business requirements and document them as Epics, User stories, tasks and agree on the acceptance criterion.
- Work with Product Managers to understand the product road map and break them down as Epic and User Stories.
- Work closely with product managers to prioritize the user stories and have stories worth couple of sprints ready in advance.
- Able to work harmoniously with a wide range of stakeholders and cross functional teams to achieve business outcomes.
- Be able to present and walk the team through the user stories and acceptance criterion for estimation.
- Work with QAs to define scenarios for the user stories and provide support to the team during the sprint.
- Perform reviews of the deliverable based on acceptance criteria and coordinate the iteration review sessions.
- Able to work autonomously and facilitate all team meetings, including the daily stand-ups, iteration refinement, iteration planning, and iteration retrospective.
- Be a coach and mentor to the team and be able to guide the team to agree and own the application design and solution.
- Be able to report on sprint and release progress.
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst for Agile web projects
- 5+ years of experience in capturing Business Requirements, Functional and non-functional requirements including leading requirements workshops
- Experience delivering web applications
- Demonstrable experience in leading the delivery of complex IT solutions
- Ability to take initiative and ownership on tasks
- Contemporary Agile (Scrum/Kanban/LEAN) Methodology experience
- Must have strong experience in creating epics, features and user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- At least six months of experience in leading scrum teams
- Scrum Master certification preferable
Please hit 'Apply' in order to be considered for this opportunity. You will shortly be contacted if you are shortlisted, otherwise your CV will be retained on file and your will be contacted for any other suitable roles. Thank you for your interest in this position.