The purpose of the Business Analyst position is to work closely with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs, their strategic business drivers and specific requirements in relation to information technology. Within the context of a project, the Business Analyst will then ensure that technology solutions meet those requirements that will ultimately support the strategic priorities.
- Investigate Business Unit requirements using a range of tools including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Identify and interview relevant customers and stakeholders across the organisation who may have an interest in, or be affected by, the problem or solution.
- Assist in the facilitation of group workshops in support of requirements gathering as necessary.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, deconstruct information into more easily accessible details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, and distinguish user desires from the underlying true needs of the business units.
- Collaborate with technical leads, technical architects, solution designers, developers, IT security specialists and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with customers and stakeholders to analyse and validate their information needs, business drivers and functional requirements.
- Develop business requirements documentation using agile techniques that includes the vision (goals), personas, user stories and acceptance criteria relevant to the defined scope of the initiative or project.
- Assist with the preparation of procurement documentation including tenders and requests for information in line with procurement policies.
- Ensure that documents are maintained and stored in the appropriate document management system.
- Develop recommended approaches that support of transitioning of the business unit/s from their "As-Is" (current) to the proposed "To-Be" (future) state, including proposed changes to end-to-end business processes and current technology solutions based on user requirements and market options and in accordance with company standards, using appropriate language and in line with the University's strategic priorities and vision.
- Prepare testing documentation including test cases, plans, scenarios and scripts. Assist with and monitor testing of new solutions.
- Prepare training documentation and assist in the training of end users.
- Provide knowledge and technical assistance to other BA staff members within team.
- Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders, using feedback to assess and promote understanding of the need for future changes in services, products and systems.
- Complete tasks on discovery projects under the guidance of the Business Analysis Team Lead, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Manager Business Analysis or the Portfolio Manager.
- Have a good understanding of requirements management in context of tenders/ procurement processes
- Be a self-starter with good analytical skills who can work quickly and effectively
- Process analysis and procedure writing experience
- A good understanding of PowerPoint and Visio
- A pragmatist who can gauge what level of requirements management is required
- Good communication skills - written and verbal and can effectively run workshops with senior IT stakeholders
- Confident - need to ensure they can achieve an outcome in a timely manner in an environment where people have many opinions
- be very comfortable working in a rapid/agile style environment,
- be able to handle ambiguity and the demands of a changing environment
Please note this is not an IT Transformation, please do not apply if you have not worked on the business side of a transformation!
The Hiring Manager is looking for an enthusiastic and driven BA who can work autonomously whilst delivering on project outlines stated above, if this sounds like you please apply now!