Big Data Developer (Haskell, Scala, Clojure)
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced functional programmer to join a cutting edge Big Data team.
My client is based in Sydney CBD, and they are well-known brand in Australia with millions of customers. This role is part of their huge analytics team to build bleeding edge applications that take advantage of their big data assets.
The successful candidate will be joining a multi-disciplinary team with hunger to be the best at what they set out to achieve. The ideal candidate will be passionate about big data developer ready to take advantage of the resources at their disposal to solve and build new applications.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to clearly identify significant business challenges that can be addressed with Big Data analytical techniques
- Participate in the translation of business problems into clear experimental designs that can be addressed quantifiably with available Big Data datasets and tools including input into business cases as required
- Lead / participate in the scoping and implementation of programs of work to deliver full lifecycle Big Data analytics to channel e.g. to improve customer experience and engage new customers.
- Must have expertise in Functional Programming e.g. Scala, Haskell, Clojure
- Proven ability to work with Big Data assets
- Experience in Functional composition and Immutable data structures
- Proven success in developing reactive, asynchronous designs
- Hands on experience with source control, automated testing and continuous integration / continuous deployment.
- Cluster computing framework - Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
- Test-driven development
- Scrum, Kanban
- Experience designing relational database schemas, and designing and building non-relational data stores e.g. HDFS, Cassandra
- Understanding of Graph theory, and statistics will be highly regarded
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
How to apply:
If this the challenge you have been waiting for, then apply NOW!
For a confidential discussion please reach out to Brad on 02 9248 6213