|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||AU$620.00 - AU$720.00 per annum|
We are looking for a BI Analyst to join a large government department based in Brisbane's CBD, where you'll play a pivotal role in establishing a BI reporting platform.
You will be responsible for providing a contemporary reporting solution that enables agile delivery of data and reporting products in an online and interactive environment.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create databases, stored procedures, functions, tables and views in MS SQL Server and Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Construct Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) packages using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Azure Data Factory
- Create multi-dimensional cubes using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSIS) and tabular models using Azure Analysis Services
- Create interactive dashboards using Power BI and/or other products
- Create reports using MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Undertake unit testing of Power BI dashboards, tabular models and ETL related processes
- Develop data warehouse documentation including the maintenance of a metadata repository
- Work collaboratively with a dedicated team of business intelligence analysts, architects and testers
- Positively and constructively engage with internal IT service providers to deliver technical infrastructure
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Programming (SS2012, SS2014, SS2016)
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Extract Transform and Load.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services - Tabular and Multidimensional
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- Have strong skills in Business Intelligence dashboard development (preferably Microsoft Power BI)
- Have a good understanding of database optimisation concepts for tuning data access queries
- Have an overall knowledge of end-to end data warehousing architecture, from tools to middleware to data quality
- Be able to analyse data sources, understand data models and data cleansing for quality
- Have general systems and application development knowledge (strong skills preferable, but working knowledge mandatory)
- Have good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
If this sounds like the next career step for you and you have the relevant experience, click 'apply now' and submit an up-to-date copy of your CV or call (07) 3020 0343 for a further discussion.