(Bayswater) Commercial Finance Manager
|Location:||Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Accounting & Finance|
|Salary:||AU$150000.00 - AU$165000 per annum|
Commercial Finance Manager
Our client is an ASX Listed FMCG household name which has grown significantly over the last five years, both through organic growth and several acquisitions, with more in the pipeline.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for an experienced and high achieving Commercial Finance Manager to take responsibility for one of their sites based in the Eastern Suburbs. We are looking for someone who can grow and develop over time within the overall Group and will relish the challenges that this business unit will present.
This role provides commercial and financial leadership and is responsible for facilitating all critical commercial and financial matters with a focus on achieving financial results and supporting the growth of the business. The role encompasses consideration of strategic and tactical commercial decisions, business integration, management reporting and analytics, and providing support to the Group as required.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, you will also be partnering the site GM and management team. As mentioned above, the primary responsibility of the role is to help drive the financial and operational performance of the site. Given this, your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with the business unit management to identify opportunities to optimise margins through pricing, promotions, rebates, royalty programs, franchise arrangements and other customer-facing commercial matters
- Control costs and identify efficiency opportunities through analysis.
- Support program to maximise the intercompany purchases to increase Group margin.
- Working capital analysis and monitoring to ensure maximisation of cash position and minimisation of the risk of obsolete inventory and bad debts
- Partnering with Operations to help drive decision making
- Reducing inventory and production costs through in-depth analysis
- Other ad-hoc analysis
The successful candidate will ideally have held a similar role previously, whereby you will understand operational and manufacturing processes. FMCG experience is desirable, but not essential. What is essential, is your ability to communicate and partner with senior leaders - both financial and non-financial - as you will have exposure to numerous senior stakeholders within the business. You will be CA/CPA qualified and have strong financial modelling skills. You will also be analytically minded and results-oriented.