Automation & Devops Engineer
|Location:||St Kilda, Victoria|
|Salary:||Up to AU$120000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits|
My client is recognised globally as one of the most innovative and forward thinking digital technology businesses within the Travel brand, and due to internal changes they are looking for an energetic and charismatic person to further develop this success.
The role requires a hands-on "automation engineer" to work across multi-functional
teams that focus on specific flavours of our products.
The role is a hands-on and unique role that requires candidates ideally having a background in IT or Operations but also have a general interest in writing scripts or code to automate repeated manual process (e.g. writing a PowerShell or Bash script to run on multiple servers saving a great deal of time, instead of manually logging in to each server and manually performing a change.
The below technical skills should be treated as a general guideline, but personality, being the "right fit" and having the enthusiasm to move into a broadly open-minded DevOps role are key attributes.
- Enthusiastic about automating manual processes using scripts (Powershell, Bash) and/or other tooling
- Minimum 2 years of experience deploying and managing/maintaining websites in cloud
- Experience in Docker, and Docker orchestration systems (Kubernetes,K8S, DC/OS, etc)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in and with teams using an Agile methodology
- Experience troubleshooting website and system failures in Windows systems
- Experience and knowledge spanning across the entire application stack (from UI to DB to OS)
- Ability to adjust your communication style complex systems based on who you're communicating
- with - e.g. high-level to non-technical business stakeholders, and low-level details to
- developers/support staff
- Insights into cloud and non-cloud based database systems and storage methods
- Experience and reasonable understanding of firewalls, load-balancers, general networking
- concepts, components and processes
- Interest and experience working with microservice architecture
- Octopus - CI/CD, building sync tools
Due to a high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a further discussion, please submit your updated CV in a Word Format via the APPLY button. For all enquires contact Daniel Hoang on (03)86291015.