Application Support Analyst
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
My client, an internationally recognised Financial software and services firm, is looking to bring on an Application Support Analyst to work as a Product Specialist in their Melbourne CBD Office.
The Product Specialist ensures that the organisations clients are optimizing their use of their products especially in the areas of system configuration, database administration, batch processing, performance tuning, reviewing efficiency of SQL queries, reviewing systems set up and architecture at client installations, and being proficient in areas of system integration testing with external third party vendors.
- Provide phone and email technical consultancy to trouble shoot and optimize database, application and n-tier client issues.
- Analyse client's installation, setup and make best practice recommendations on the same.
- Perform database tuning, reviewing SQL queries for efficiency.
- Analyse hardware requirements and review system integrations with client's in house systems, downstream liquidity providers and settlement venues.
- Make recommendations for better workflow re-engineering and / or tuning trading environment and workflow processes.
- Resolve technical issues in a timely manner using the available resources within the company.
- Manage and prioritize client issues and case loads appropriately.
- Communicate and follow up effectively with client, both orally and in writing.
- Document and communicate findings and recommendations to ensure a high degree of knowledge transfer to clients.
- Prior Level 3 Technical Support Experience
- Understanding and experience working on one or more of the following asset classes: Equities, Fixed income, FX, OTC and Exchange traded derivatives (essential)
- Strong proficiency with SQL Server/ Oracle , preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proficient in performance tuning, log shipping / replication etc. on MS SQL Server.
- Familiarity with batch processing - database imports, exports.
- Knowledge of UNIX, MS SQL Server, crystal reports.
- Exposure/understanding of Apache/Tomcat and N-tier application architecture, Pearl/Shell scripting.
- Strong Analytical/Technical Skills to analyze problems and provide solutions.
- Proficiency in programming (.Net/Java, Perl) and experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
If you have the desired skills and experience, click 'Apply Now' to find out more.