Application Security Architect
|Location:||St Leonards, New South Wales|
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||Up to AU$150000.00 per annum + bonus|
Join a world leading multinational financial services organisation, being at the heart of developing new global next generation applications and services to enable consumers and businesses to securely, efficiently, and intelligently conduct payment transactions. Whether through traditional retail, mobile, or e-commerce, innovation is leading the digital convergence of traditional and emerging payments technologies across a wide variety of new devices and services.
This role reports in to the Manager, Business Security Engineering, where the your time will be split between overseeing the design and development of new applications across all domains and ensuring that information security requirements are effectively integrated into technology products, applications and systems.
- Provide technical design and architecture advice to internal teams on how to securely develop and build applications and supporting systems
- Work closely with developers and evaluate business requests and proposed designs to determine feasibility; work with software development teams to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems
- Leverage security experience and knowledge within the mobile and digital commerce arena to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, engineers, and senior management
- Define security requirements and guidelines to ensure repeatable processes are followed by worldwide teams
- Assist in the strategy, standards, and architecture for the security aspects of the SDLC including application, mobile, web service, DevOps, cloud, and CI/CD efforts
- 10+ years industry relevant experience, with 5+ as a security architect, preferable providing advice for web based network environments and secure communication. Such as; mobile applications, web applications and web services
- Strong understanding of information security, risk and data privacy within the domain of digital commerce including relevant practical experience
- Demonstrate a broad awareness of security engineering concepts and practices across all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Technical experience with Java or similar enterprise programming language, especially related to secure coding best practices
- Experienced in mobile security architecture concepts, design and implementation for Android and IOS
- Demonstrated experience designing secure multi-domain Internet-facing applications
- Demonstrate technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications
- Knowledge and technical security experience in cryptography, including several of the following: encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS
- Working knowledge and technical security experience with UNIX, Linux, Solaris, or AIX
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders.
- Knowledge of IaaS and virtualization platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vSphere and Google AppEngine, OpenStack or Azure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you are looking for the next challenging but rewarding role and have a positive attitude working in a dynamic environment then please apply directly now!