Accountant - External Reporting
About The Company
The size and structure of this Banking business allows you to move freely, and be exposed to a wide range of experiences and roles, so you'll develop faster. Your direct access to leadership means your opinions and great ideas will be taken seriously, and you'll play a central role in making a difference to the business.
With exceptional financial performance, best practice 'net-promoter' (client satisfaction) and brand recognition scores, and industry leading employee engagement scores, they offer a great foundation for you to make your mark.
They offer a wellbeing program, salary packaging options, discounted banking and financial services and development opportunities. They are also big supporters of flexible work practices, with a variety of arrangements possible to help you balance your working style with your home life and other priorities.
About The Role
Prepare monthly Head Office financial reports (for the DNB/ECB) which must be completed in accordance with the Group accounting glossaries and within the specified deadlines.
Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts, financial reports and NZ regulatory returns (including the disclosure statements) which must be completed in accordance with the appropriate Australian & NZ accounting standards within specified deadlines.
Continuous review and improvement of procedures to enhance efficiencies for preparation of reports. Preparing ad hoc reports as required by management. Assist with ad hoc projects as they arise.
The role requires strong excel and communication skills for the production of Head Office and external (regulatory) reports. Requires interaction and collaboration with many internal stakeholders up to the Department Heads level.
Requires the building and fostering of good relationships with Head Office and external regulatory authorities (RBNZ) in relation to the submission of returns.
The Bank will be in severe difficulty with the regulators if it does not ensure it reports accurately and within the required timelines to the regulatory bodies. Any breaches in external reporting requirements can lead to significant adverse consequences for Rabobank.
Assist the Senior Manager-External Reporting. Is responsible for
- The preparation of the DNB/ECB head office reporting.
- The preparation of the NZ disclosure statements.
- All regulatory reporting for New Zealand.
- The preparation of financial statements.
- Update procedures documents and manual for all Head Office and regulatory reports/returns.
- Implement improvements of procedures to enhance efficiencies for the preparation of returns.
- Review and maintain the appropriate documentation of various mapping tables used for reporting and management of mapping table changes due to projects.
- Production of any other ad hoc report as required by management
- Degree qualified and CA/CPA preferred
- 1-2 years experience within finance industry.
- Prior Financial Reporting experience.
- Strong knowledge of Australian and New Zealand accounting standards, IFRS and Reserve Bank of New Zealand guidelines and requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Corporations Act 2001 and Financial Reporting Act reporting requirements
- Excellent communication, problem solving / analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Advanced/strong Excel spreadsheet, MS Access and Business Object skills;
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Accounting knowledge.
- Customer focus.
- Communication excellence, persuasiveness and making an impact.
- Change management.
- Timely delivery and accuracy of all returns (regulatory) within the internal and external stakeholders - committed to deadlines;
- Value Adding mind set & Efficiency focus;
For a confidential discussion, please contact Bo Campbell (Principal Consultant - Finance and Commercial) on 02 9249 5035