|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Specialisation:||Accounting & Finance|
About the Company
This well-known and respected organisation has an immediately available opportunity that has arisen in their head office based in Melbourne's CBD.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for performing all month end reconciliations, journal entries, cashflow forecasting and regular monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creation of Annual Financial statements and board reports.
- Preparation of BAS, FBT, VAT returns (experience dealing with Australian and UK tax advantageous).
- Facilitation of the audit.
- Responsible for updating the Fixed Assets register.
- Management of expenditure against budget and analysis of variance.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving inaccuracies and anomalies that arise.
- Review and discuss results with relevant Senior stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- CA/CPA qualified (or working towards) with relevant tertiary qualification.
- Big 4 or Large Organisation experience desirable.
- Strong Financial Accounting and Tax background.
- Strong analytic, problem solving & reconciliation skills.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with Senior stakeholders.
What you'll get in return
- 6 Month Contract.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous and Collaborative culture.
- Commitment to relevant continued training.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Sam Kitchen, or call on 03 8629 1033.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.